Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Environment...

Well, on Monday we put her in with our 38+ year old mare, Maple. That morning she kicked my mom! OPPS! She has a pretty big bruise / gash on her leg now, but she said that it was probably just because the filly felt confined, since she's been in that stock trailer for a while. So Monday evening we put a loose web halter on her. I had to hold Maple, so I didn't get to help with that
=-(

After the stock trailer was backed up into the paddock we turned her loose in with Maple. It was so cute! Maple was prancy around, ears all the way forward! She was trotting, but very, very slowly. I wish I could have gotten it on video, that would be super cute to see. But anywho, the foal tried to nurse a few times and Maple squealed and kicked at it, and now they are content with each other. She doesn't try to nurse and Maple just does her business. She's realling taking on the mama role...except for the nursing part, of course. lol.

I haven't really gotten to do anything with her yet because since Monday I had a cold. I didn't even feel like turning her in with Maple on Monday evening. But it's starting to lift a little, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be in tip top shape!

Oh, but I have discovered she's mouthy! She's tried to bite me on Sunday, and my mom a few times. But then again, all weanlings are mouthy I guess.

Later,
*Randa*

No comments:

Post a Comment